Monday, June 11, 2007

Friday night
Okay...I finally have a few minutes to explain my last post! This past Friday night, my friend Meagan and I went to see A Few Good Men at Casa Manana in Ft. Worth. Because of their Texas roots, Lou Diamond Philips and Jenson Ackles played the starring roles (Philips played Col. Nathan R. Jessep and Jenson played Lt. Daniel Kaffee). It was very well done, and we had a great time!

What struck me right before the play started was that before Friday night, I had never really been in close proximity to a real celebrity...and we were about to see two of them. I honestly was quite starstruck (Meagan and both think that Jenson Ackles is quite good looking; he's not as well known as Lou Diamond Phillips, though. He's a regular on a TV show we both watch). We even waited around afterward hoping to have a chance to get autographs, but no such luck! :-) Jack Nicholson plays Col. Jessep in the movie and of course has the famous "You can't handle the truth!" line that everyone knows. I was worried as we approached that moment about how that would go. I was glad that Lou Diamond Philips didn't try to sound like Jack. He did it in his own way and was wonderful. Ackles did an excellent job in his role as well (the Tom Cruise role in the movie). He was quite charming and cocky at the same time. Not to mention that he looked nice in the different military uniforms he wore. ;-)

In other news, we had our first night of VBS last night. We had about 156 participants (84 children) which is a good number for this church. We had a lot of visitors, so I was pleased with that!! God has been at work already heading off potential glitches, and I can honestly say that this is the most efficient VBS I have ever been a part of! Lots of good ideas that I will take with me wherever I end up!

No comments: