Monday, December 18, 2006

Ugly Naked Guy

I thought I'd better write something before Adam took me off of his blogging friends list again!

Yesterday, our church took our Christmas pageant on the road. We went to Ft. Hood and presented it at one of their chapels. It was a lot of fun, and I got to know several people in the church better both on the bus and backstage.

Through chatting backstage with some of the other ladies, I discovered that I missed seeing my very own ugly naked guy walking down the street I live on. The mom in a family that lives close to me told me that they were driving somewhere on Saturday afternoon at around 5:30, and there was a man walking down my street completely naked! They immediately called the police (who had apparently already gotten some phone calls about this guy). Frances (the mom) said that it looked like he was either high or drunk or something. Pretty crazy! And I was just sitting in my apartment, clueless about the chaos going on outside!

On a totally unrelated note, here's a really great, easy recipe for Christmas (or it could work for Thanksgiving, too, since it's pumpkin).

Pumpkin Pie Bread (Recipe is for two 9X5 loaf pans)

You'll need:
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
3 c. white sugar
4 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
1/2 c. water

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your pans.
  2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and pumpkin.
  4. Stir in flour mixture alternately with water. Divide batter equally between pans.
  5. Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean.
  6. For best flavor, store in clear plastic wrap at room temperature for one day before serving.

I made this for my Sunday School teachers, and they all loved it! I used 3X5 foil pans instead, though (little loafs). The recipe is enough for 9 of those pans and you only have to bake for about 40 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments: