Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Memories

We just had a group of 6th graders come in caroling. They had been at a nursing home and had some time to kill before they needed to head over the mall for lunch, so their choir director (a former member) called and asked if they could come over here. It brought back SO many memories of choir days in the past.

It was their 6th Grade Girls Choir and 6th Grade boys choir. There were about 30 girls and of course, maybe 8 or 9 boys. They sang one song together, and then 2 songs each by themselves. One of the girls sang Silent Night as a solo. The boys sang "Grandma got Run Over By a Reindeer" and "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." The girls sang a Santa medley and that Faith Hill song from the new Grinch movie "Where are you Christmas." (All trying to sound like Faith Hill...as a group...)

Aahh...those were the days...I actually miss singing in choir. Once I finish up at DBU, I plan to find a community chorus that I can get involved with. I'd love to sing with the Pointe of Praise choir here at church, but they meet the same time as our G.A.'s and until we get some leadership for this ministry, I'm going to need to help out there!!

1 comment:

Luke said...

GA's!!!
Oh my gosh.