Thursday, January 18, 2007

Number 322

When I looked at the Pop Candy website, I found a link to the 20 richest women celebrities. As I was looking through that list, I noticed a tab for the 400 richest Americans. I skimmed through the list and found several Texans, mostly getting their money for oil. One had "Salsa" as his source--that one made me laugh for some reason. I saw Jerry Jones and Ross Perot. Then I noticed that at number 322, the location was listed as "Temple, TX." Sure enough, Drayton McClane was listed. Drayton is a member at my previous church and owns the Astros (the pastor and his wife got to go to the first World Series game played in Texas...and I baby-sat their kids). He lives about 2 blocks from my old apartment in Temple, and I've even been to his house once (for a Sunday school Christmas party). He and his wife Elizabeth are some of the sweetest people at my old church. Drayton has a knack for remembering names (which I'm sure comes in handy with all the business that he does. They are a very strong Christian couple.

I can't believe I know the 322 richest person in America...very strange!

In other news, I just found out that one of my old roommates, Annah, has moved to the DFW area! YEA!!!!!!! So exciting to have a friend nearby!

2 comments:

Luke said...

are you aware that he owns the Astros? He is also probably the most influential Baylor alum in the world.

Nissa said...

Uh..well...yeah! Since I mentioned that in my post, I guess I did! :-)