Monday, March 19, 2007

The Ox in the well
Providence is a funny thing. I would have to agree with you, Marianne!

This weekend I went to Amarillo to go to my friend Amy's wedding (Which was beautiful, by the way). I was in the reception party, so I had a good time chatting with Jenn while cutting bride's cake and serving punch. I left at about 5:00 to head back to the HEB area.

I was just north of Memphis when a tire blew out! I pulled to the right shoulder, turned on my hazards, and got out to look at the damage. Then I got back into my car, called AAA, called my mom, called my pastor, and then waited for help to come. Long story short...I ended up in Amarillo for another day.

I was very sad to not get to teach my kids on Sunday (I was supposed to do a children's sermon), but it was nice to get to spend another day with my family. I went to church at TBC and then out to lunch with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephews.

Mom, Daddy, and I went to Sears that afternoon to get a new tire. While we waited, we wandered around the mall. My mom commented that she felt strange being in the mall on a Sunday. My parents are really good about observing the Sabbath. I apologized, and my mom said, "That's okay...It's the ox in the well." We then spent the next few minutes debating what the ox was...my car or ME!

All in all...it was a blessing!

1 comment:

Luke said...

That's great! Well, I mean about the wedding. I didn't know it was this weekend. Wish I could've come.