Thursday, November 09, 2006


Wow...I started to laugh at this comic until I realized how true it is in my own life. (not that i'm praying to Buddha now or anything like that). How often do I take a need before God and then expect him to answer immediately on my time table. Worse than that, how often do I pray to God and tell Him exactly how I want my prayer to be answered, and then get mad because He answers it in a different way.

I have so much to learn about prayer...my prayers are so me-focused. Please help me do this or please help me do that...Don't get me wrong, I think that it's important to take our needs before our Heavenly Father, but when 90% of my prayers are focused on what God can do for me instead of Who He is...something's out of whack. I've been a Christian for 19 years, you'd think I'd have this down by now..

God, teach me how to pray...

No comments: