Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Miss N-Dog
That is a nickname I've acquired since coming to Hurst. I've gotten to know the pastor's family pretty well, and I spent New Year's Eve hanging out with their three daughters (one is in 4th Grade, one is in 7th and one is in 9th). They also had a friend over (the same age as the oldest, I think), and we were sitting around playing a game and talking when one of the girls asked me, "Do we call you Miss Nissa or Nissa?" I told them either was fine with me, just as long as they didn't call me Miss Walker. Then their friend said, "How about N-Dog?" So we started joking around about it...and they started calling me "Miss N-Dog" that night.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to the pastor, his wife and the girls in the hall as we were leaving (on a Wednesday night). His wife was telling a story and they both ended up doing something silly that was really embarrasing the three girls. It was actually pretty funny, but you know preteen and teenage girls--they were embarrassed. Their middle daughter said, "I'm going home with N-Dog"

Every Sunday, their friend passes me during the welcome and says, "Hey Miss N-Dog!" and gives me a hug.

And those 4 girls have called me nothing else since!

And I love it!

No comments: