Thursday, February 08, 2007

Only 12 hours ago...
I was in this very office getting my stuff so I could finally leave! Actually, it was a little later than 10:00 when I left. But I was so glad to be still at church, because I was getting to finally be a part of a Life Group.

Our church started doing Life Groups about 2 1/2 years ago to help build relationships in our church family. It is a place for a person to come and meet with other believers and learn about God, have accountability, and have true fellowship that is based on more than mere pleasantries...more than just the "how are you's?" stuff. It was wonderful!!!! There are 7 of us young singles, plus our pastor who is leading us for now...I'm really looking forward to how we will grow through this group!!

And on a funny note...I had a great kid moment last night.
We have G.A.'s & R.A.'s on Wednesday nights, and I've been helping with G.A.'s. I have the K-2nd graders in my group. We were working on an activity, and the girls kept saying how funny I was. "You're funny, Miss Nissa." I wasn't trying to be funny, but apparently I was being funny.

Well, a very active 2nd grader said, "You should have married my dad." She didn't look at me or anything. She was just working on her activity. I did a double-take, because her dad is married to her mom, so it's not like she was trying to be a little matchmaker. So I said, "(Girl's name), why do you say that?" Her answer: "Because you and my daddy are both funny."

I sat there for a second (trying not to laugh and faint at the same time), and said, "Well, I don't know if your mommy would like that. And if we didn't have (this child's name) mommy and (this child's name) daddy, we wouldn't have (her name). "

She thought for a minute and then said, "Oh...Never mind."

:-) Wow...at least my job isn't ever boring!!!!

No comments: