Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Favorite Christmas Music (pt. 2)

My favorite sentimental Christmas songs
These are the songs that under normal circumstances, I would find way to sappy and annoying and cheesy. And while they are all of these things, I love belting them out in my car!

Where are you Christmas? (by Faith Hill) - Why school choirs think they need to sing this, I'll never know (this is a solo song and hearing 15-30 kids scoop around the pitches is not a pretty sound). I found this clip on Youtube with both the version from the Grinch movie and the version Faith Hill sang in the closing credits. I love hearing this one on the radio. I turn it up and sing it loud!


Sending You a Little Christmas (by Jim Brickman, feat. Kristy Starling) -This song is one I sing out loud and proud to as well...until I tear up! My friend Lisa sent this to her husband while he was in Iraq. Beautiful song! I like this video version of it the best, but it wasn't available to embed, so go here to watch it.

All I Want for Christmas is You (by Mariah Carey) - very cheesy, but I liked this song before I was old enough to really have a reason to sing it! :-) Instead of posting the Mariah Carey version, though, I thought I'd post the Love Actually version.



Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (as sung by Judy Garland) - This version is from Meet Me in St. Louis. (Great movie!). In this since, the little sister is sad because their family is moving right after Christmas (Father is the only one who actually wants to move), Judy Garland's character is singing to help comfort her.



I'll Be Home For Christmas (sung by Mindy Smith) - This is a song I like no matter who sings it, but Mindy Smith is one of my favorite singers, so finding her version of this from the Grand Old Opry on YouTube to post was too good to pass up.


The Christmas Song (sung by Martina McBride) - This is another song I like pretty much no matter who sings it. I love Martina McBride's voice and her Christmas CD is very simple and traditional and one of my favorites.

Blue Christmas (by Elvis) - Harry Connick, Jr. also does a version of this that I love, but you can't beat Elvis!

And saving the best for last!!

White Christmas (sung by Bing Crosby) - I love, love, love Bing Crosby's low, croony voice, and this scene from the beginning of the movie White Christmas always makes me happy.

No comments: