Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite Chrtistmas Songs (pt.3)

My favorite Christmas Songs that aren't really Christmas Songs
These are all songs that can be found on Christmas CD's, but if you listen to the lyrics, they are not talking about Christmas.

What are you Doing New Year's Eve?(Diana Krall Version) -
Okay...so this song is about the Holiday right after Christmas. I like it because it's fun so sing along with. And maybe I'm hoping I'll hear it from some mystery guy (who I obviously don't know yet) and actually have a New Year's Eve date this year.



Count Your Blessings(Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney) - This one gets included on Christmas CDs because it was in in White Christmas. Like I said before...I love Bing!




River (by Joni Mitchell) - Okay, granted this one mentions Christmas at the very first and at the very end, and you can hear Jingle Bells in the accompaniment and the beginning and the end. Other than that, it's not really about Christmas. I found this video on iTunes with figure skating (which seemed appropriate).



Baby It's Cold Outside - I think this song is so fun and flirty!! It talks about the snow, but isn't about Christmas specifically. (You could listen to this in January). I couldn't decide which version to put up, so I'm putting up two.






Let It Snow! - I was listening to the radio on my way to Amarillo today and learned that (according to the DJ who was on whatever station I was listening to) this is the most requested Christmas song of all time...and it's not even about Christmas! Strange, huh?

I thought the Gilmore Girls would be appropriate for this...since Lorelai loves snow as much as I do!

No comments: