Monday, September 29, 2008

One year!!

My roommate Meagan and I have lived together for a year now. It's been one of the best living situations that I've had...and one of the funniest! Meagan and I like to say that we share a brain and sometimes the sharing of that brain leads to some very ditzy moments!

This morning when I was about to leave for work, I noticed that Meag's dog D'Lanie was in the kitchen. We have a baby gate that we use to keep her in the kitchen when we can't have her running around the apartment. Meag usually does this in the morning while she is getting ready. I stepped over the baby gate, got my breakfast bar and a drink from the fridge and headed out the door. I noticed that Meag's car was not in the parking lot, so I just assumed that since D'Lanie sometimes has to be in her kennel longer than Meag likes, that maybe Meag was going to try leaving her in the kitchen when she needed to leave the apartment. When I got to the church, I noticed that Meag's car was in the parking lot (not unusual b/c she also works here), but didn't see her in the youth minister's office. I wondered, in passing, where she was, but didn't really worry about it.

A little before 10:30 my cell phone rang. When I answered, we had the following conversation:

"Nissa, the strangest thing just happened. I just stepped out of the apartment and my car isn't here."

"I know. It's in the church...OH MY GOSH! We drove straight home last night!"

The facts were these:
Last night after our church activities, we went out to dinner with a group of friends. Because the church would be on our way back home, Meag asked if she could just ride with me. As we were leaving, I did remember that I needed to go by the church, but then one of our friends stopped us again to talk and I completely forgot. Meagan said she had thought about it once, too, right before we left. We got home and neither of us noticed that Meag's car was not in the parking lot...until this morning!

Yeah...so...It's been a joy living with you Meag...definitely NOT boring!!!!

No comments: