Monday, October 30, 2006

Great Weekend
I made a quick trip to Temple this weekend to visit Cindy and Andrea and to see some of my kids in a play. I also was able to see some of the staff as well as a church member that I was really close to.

I hadn't realized how lonely I've been since moving to HEB. Andrea and I stayed up until about 4:00 a.m. Friday night/Saturday morning just watching movies and talking. I've missed having close friends to hang out with. Be praying that God will bring people into my life that I can do that with. Everyone's been really nice here, but I don't really have anyone I can confide in...I know that will take time, so I'm just trying to be patient and build relationships.

Sunday was a great day! The trio was so much fun, and went over well. I had my first meeting with my preschool and children's teachers, and we had a great turnout!!! I had nearly all of my preschool teachers, and a good number of my children's teachers there. I never had that kind of attendance at my meetings in Temple, so this is a new experience for me!! They seem eager to move forward and to do what needs to be done to move forward, so that's encouraging. Even two of the youth helpers came to the meeting. I have been really impressed by both of these girls and their commitment on Sunday mornings. They have been very faithful and are hardworkers. I'll take youth like these anytime!!

No comments: