Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm so excited!!!
One of the things that I was saddest about leaving in Temple was my best friends Andrea and Cindy. Along with being some of the sweetest people I've ever known, we had starting singing trios together at church (I think we sang 4 times together).

Well, I have a new trio to sing with, from the most unlikely of places--with my staff!! The pastor, worship pastor and I will be singing "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns this Sunday. They are excited to have an alto who can sing the really high parts (which down an octave for me are in my low to mid range).

Of course, our worship pastor has a beautiful voice (you kind of expect that!). It was the pastor that amazed me! John can SING! Wow!!! Just a beautiful tenor voice...how fun! My dad would say that we need a bass, though! Our worship pastor is very excited, because he wants us to do some Philips, Craig & Dean stuff (which I would love!).

Anyway, having a great time at work! I'm really glad that my daddy "embarrassed me." Did I tell that story here? Well, my very proud father wanted his daughter's new church to know about her musical gifts, so he e-mailed her new worship pastor before she got there, and sent him several mp3s and then a CD of her singing...which the worship leader then made copies of and sent around the office. And this unsuspecting daughter didn't find out from her very proud father, she found out from the chair of the search ministry team!!! :-) Needless to say, I was about ready to kill my sweet daddy...but he has always been my biggest supporter and my biggest fan, and because of that, God has blessed me with some wonderful men to sing with!!! (It's been awhile since I've sung with men).

Better get to work!!

No comments: